The FRO performs the following duties:
- Receive on behalf of DTI all requests for information and facilitate such requests;
- Ensure that the FOI request form is completely accomplished;
- Provide assistance and support with regard to FOI;
- Process all requests and forward to the concerned office (within and outside DTI) as may be appropriate; and
- Provide assistance in ensuring all requests are responded to within the prescribed time.
Requests may be made through the following:
- Bring the filled-out to the nearest DTI office.
- Download the , fill out, and send to email@example.com.
- Persons with disabilities (PWD) or illiteracy may make an oral request to the concerned FRO, which the FRO will put into writing, for signing by the concerned party.
Request for Extension of Time
If the information requested requires extensive search of the government’s office records facilities, examination of voluminous records, the occurrence of fortuitous events or other analogous cases, the requesting party shall be informed by the DTI.
The requesting party shall be informed of the extension, setting forth the reasons for such extension. In no case shall the extension exceed twenty (20) working days on top of the mandated fifteen (15) working days to act on the request, unless exceptional circumstances warrant a longer period.
The requesting party shall not be charged with any fee for submitting requests for access to information.
Agency Information Inventory
Compliance with AO 25 Task Force Requirements
The Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) has issued the Department a Certificate of Compliance on May 16,2019 for being fully compliant with Memorandum Circular No. 2018-1, Sections 5.1a and 6.5b.
- View the Certificates of Compliance: | | | |
- View the
- FOI Inventory
- FOI Registry
- FOI Summary
FOI Manuals of DTI Attached Agencies:
- ( also available)